Are your employees starting to slack off? Do they seem unmotivated and uninspired? Are they losing their creative touch, losing their wonderful ideas? Basically, is your company stuck in a creative rut? Well, if you want to improve the atmosphere of your company, maybe you should start thinking outside of the box. Meaning, why not try out some unconventional working ideas? Not sure where to start? Well, just keep on reading and hopefully, you will be able to get some ideas!
Unconventional Working Environment
Being in an office for about eight to ten hours every single day, for five days in a week can get exhausting and boring. This is especially true if your office environment is all formal and conventional. If you have very strict regulations in place, it can restrict the creativity of your employees and could discourage growth. Of course, order and rules are needed but it does not have to be very stern and rigorous.
In fact, did you know that there are several successful companies with unconventional working environments? These successful companies prove that a strict formula is not necessary to produce happy employees and high profits. Whether you provide your employees with free vacations, fun gadgets, or food, these things can definitely improve the work outlook of your employees!
Here are some other unconventional ideas that you can follow
- Identify your most creative employees. Once you have identified them, provide them with a supervisor position, special projects and etc. Remember, it is important for you to maximize the full potential of your employees.
- Provide free food, coffee and healthcare. As much as possible, provide your employees with some free snacks like biscuits, candy bars, juices, or coffee that they can eat and drink in the middle of their workday. Also, eating a candy or chocolate bar can help boost the energy of your employee and it can definitely rejuvenate them! Providing them with free coffee can also help them stay awake and alert as they do their jobs. Also, you should have a clinic in your office where they can go and get some free medicine. Be it medicine for a headache, a stomachache or whatever ailment they are feeling, they should be able to get it.
- Remember, the physical health of your employees is very important.
- Provide your employees with reflection time. While physical health is very important so that your employees can show up to work in the first place, their mental health is very important too. Working can be very stressful and it can get overwhelming for some people. Because of this, you should give your employees time for reflection. Basically, you should be able to provide your employees with a space in your building where they can go to relax, clear their minds, or to focus on new innovative ideas.
- Have fun! Again, working in an office can get monotonous and boring. If you do not want your employees to get bored, you should try out some fun activities from time to time. For example, did you know that there are companies that have dress-up days – complete with a theme and all? This idea is very useful especially for clothing shops where your employees work with clothes day in and day out. This helps them showcase their fashion style, and by the end of the day, you might even come up with some new ideas for your company!
These are just some ideas to get you started in creating an unconventional working environment for your company. Remember, employees tend to get bored and they might get unmotivated sometimes, so creating an unconventional working environment might give them the creative.